Sunday, October 31, 2010

Getting the Chickens


We picked up the chooks. I don’t know what type they are, they are about 1 year old apparently, and friend had a little noose things which you slip around their legs in order to catch them...... ( I think I want either Dawn French or Pauline Quirke to play me in the movie version......of my life story! LOL) but we ended up rounding them up into a corner, and enticing them into a large cardboard box. .....and I did the unthinkable and named them, there are three ginger ones, (Millie, Mollie and Mandy) two white ones, (henny and penny) a rooster (Rocky) I just loved chickenrun the movie...lol and two bantams. The only snag was when one got out, it was one of the little ones, it hid in the potato patch, the dog found it, and it took off down the garden and hid in the dog kennel...quickly followed by the dog, and partner bringing up the rear…Partner tipped the kennel backwards cos he couldn’t get down on the ground to get into it....and the dog was in there too, he rescued the chicken, and put it back into the run, it seems to have hurt its leg and has been hopping, it is slowly coming good, but I have named it hoppy .... I know highly original, think the other one will be called Happy since it was happy to stay put!

No comments:

Post a Comment