Monday, November 1, 2010

OOpps a daisy -


I was walking back to my place after a cuppa with a friend and saw my dear partner walking along the side of the creek, was it the side with the footpath? Of course not, he thought it would be quicker to go down the other side, unfortunately there is no formed path, and as he was negotiating a tree fern lost his footing, did manage to fall full length and grab the bottom of a neighbours fence, so there he was slippers dangling above the creek, with about an 18 inch drop into creek, I ran toward him, and thought better of hurdling the creek, and actually climbed into it, and was on the other side with just two steps, and hauled him up to the fence then assisted him to go over the fence (did I say assisted? scruffed his belt and hoisted him over the fence was possibly more accurate) then negotiated my way back over the creek, and squelched my way home. He has given up smoking and just for something to do, thought he would go for a walk.

Almost killed by chook house roof one week, and attempts to drown the next.



No comments:

Post a Comment