Saturday, October 30, 2010

The story so far.....

I retired from work as a Diversional Therapist in a Day Respite Centre in 2008, I had worked in this industry for approx 14 years and needed a change of direction in my life.   I had recently separated from my husband, and with a divorce coming through took my settlement proceeds and bought a house I could afford in the Derwent Valley of Tasmania.  A beautifully scenic area, I live in a small township in a rainforest setting near a National Park.      I became a full time carer for an elderly friend I had known for some time, and we eventually married (Feb 2009) I felt that I had found my soulmate, we had a lovely time setting up home, renovating the outside of the home, building an enclosed area at the back of the house which was covered in shadecloth and insect screenings to enjoy  sunny breakfasts outside and cool evening breezes in summer. Establishing a vegetable garden, and getting in a few chickens to help with a degree of self sufficiency, and economy.  We had a wonderful holiday in October 2009, visiting friends in Perth WA before a trip to Queensland to visit my family.
Life was fantastic, we watched movies together shared common likes in music, and generally enjoyed each others company despite our age difference.   We regulary had friends and family visit us, anxious to get away for a few days peace and quiet in our idyllic setting.   This all came to an abrupt end when my beloved husband and partner died recently. He had gone out to cut some sticks for the fire, and collapsed in the woodshed,  later I found out he had actually suffered a massive heart attack and had died instantly.
That was in August 2010, and right now I am rebuilding my life without the person I loved and shared mine with.

No comments:

Post a Comment