Monday, September 7, 2020

Macksville Salvation Army

 

Nambucca Salvation Army


I attended a morning service today for the first time earlier in the year and thoroughly enjoyed the service. I decided to stay back for the luncheon to find out more about The Salvation Army and meet some people in our local community having moved here in September and not knowing many people at all.

As I sat at the back of the church I glanced at the cross and the background wall (with a similar feature in the foyer) I thought how apt it was to have this feature wall.  Made up of odd shapes of wood, different species of timber, thick and thin, smooth and rough looking, new and old, some odd shapes but all fitting together like a jigsaw puzzle, all having a place to rest, each piece complete on its own, but coming together to make a spectacular background for the cross.

As I sat pondering on this it made me think of us as Christians, some young, some old, some new and some older in our faith.  Some of us more careworn than others, different backgrounds but all fitting together in the one place finding acceptance in Christ and I felt that this symbolised just what The Salvation Army stands for.   All Welcome, no questions asked, all shown love regardless of our appearances and backgrounds.   Lots of different people, with different talents and gifts making up a very welcoming church.

No comments:

Post a Comment