Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Diversional Therapy ideas

I was working in a day respite centre, so I am recording here in my blog some of the games and activities I organised.

DEAL OR NO DEAL
My clients all loved Deal or No Deal, so I came up with my version of the game. I used to have 10 - 12 persons attending each session so I used 12 document wallets (quite cheap to buy) I numbered them 1 - 12, I then used some different coloured papers and wrote $ amounts on them, laminated them and these were then popped into the wallets. I had 4 amounts in each colour and I also had 4 smaller laminated sheets (think A4 paper folded into 4 lengthwise) with similar amounts on them. These I had bluetacked to a board (wall whatever) these were turned over when their amount was revealed. Used to pick someone to be the contestant and pick a wallet (case) then they would pick a number like on the show, and they would sit facing the others, and pick a number and that person would try to guess the amount in their wallet (case). If they guessed correctly they won a lolly (or small prize - sometimes used linen hankies, posy of flowers, soap etc) after 5 turns would have a bank offer, then go again with a further 3 guesses and another bank offer, then 2 guesses and last 2 guesses. ( the offers could be something similar to the small prizes or I used to be able to buy packs of biscuits (5 packets with 6 biscuits in them quite cheaply at one of the discount stores. Could even use a pick of the trade table, fancy teas or coffee sachets etc as prizes. We were lucky in that we had an auxiliary that fund raised to supply prizes etc for games.

ADVERTISEMENTS
cut some advertisements from an old magazine, but remove the brand name or cover it. Number the advertisements and either put on the wall around a room, or along a corridor and give participants a paper and pen with the numbers on, they then try to guess what each advertisement/brand name is for.
great for reminiscing (especially if an old magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment