Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Just a step to the left....

Well, I was stood in a Macca's carpark talking to an employee, and took a step to the left as a car was coming... and felt a pop in my calf muscle...along with a quick sharp pain behind my knee and in my upper thigh.  Made me go, OOHH what was that, finished my conversation and on I went... leg was a bit sore, but I could walk fine... fast forward 3 hours and I was limping, and leg was swollen.  Went to the doctor later that afternoon and told to rest, elevate and use ice packs for 48 hours and then to use deep heat on leg, Doctor suspected a ruptured calf muscle, I cannot take anti inflammatories and am on blood thinners.  3 days later went to bookclub in the township I live in, just 6 houses away from my place, actually diagonally over the back fence....Hubby dropped me there, and I walked home, it was slow going but I got there..... Next day looked out the crutches in the garage, and then another trip to doctor another 2 weeks off work and head in for an ultrasound on leg. Tear within the muscle which contains a hematoma 86 x 15 x 56mm.... quite impressive, leg is a lovely shade of browny green, with purple area behind knee and around the heel. 


I enquired regards Physio, and a referral was sent.... Do wish I had been referred to Physio sooner, strapping, some gentle exercises to do and compression bandage on leg..... feeling better already....
Thanks to Back in Motion Physio at Rosny.
Still have a way to go as the Physio reckons I am half way along the road to recovery.... Netflix and knitting are my best friends.
Must say that hubby has been very supportive especially with day to day stuff like helping me in and out of the shower... thank goodness we got a walk in shower when we remodelled the bathroom. it has felt so good on day 17 to be able to get in and out of the shower on my own again.

No comments:

Post a Comment