Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A very lucrative weekend....

Well, went down to Hobart last weekend, how unusual...lol
NP suggested we go to The Valern Hotel which is near daughters house for the happy hour and meat tray draw that evening.... Daughter didn't feel like going out, so we stayed local and went the Beltana Hotel instead, they have cheap drinks, bar snacks, meat tray raffle and joker jackpot on every friday evening.
When we walked in the sign was on the wall regard the joker jackpot which was up to $2050.00 and NP commented on how nice it would be to win that...( his fridge was playing up, and it looked like a new one was required).  We had a few drinks, and everytime you order a drink you get tickets in the joker jackpot, we hadnt been there for long only about 1 hr prior to the draw so only had a few tickets.  The bar staff crunched up the raffle ticket stubs and asked NP to draw one of them to see who would be the lucky person to try their luck for the joker jackpot. (full deck of cards and one joker pinned to a board, one person gets to pick a card and if it is the joker they get the jackpot)  NP said no way,  his luck was out, let me pick who the lucky person was.....so I reached into the container and drew F97 on a purple ticket......handed it to the bar staff and looked at our tickets and there on the top was F97!  I called out that it was my NP, and got ribbed because I had pulled his ticket....lol, he asked me to pick the card, there were a few that were already drawn, and I thought, Why ask me, I spend so long deliberating and then get it wrong anyway...lol.   So I thought well his birthday is on the 23rd of a month, so I went with two cards along and three down, because it wasn't turned over.  The Hotel owner offered me a bottle of Jamieson's whisky to forgo turning the card over, then 2 bottles, 2 Bottles of Whisky and a slab of beer, I made my way back to NP, and said we agreed that if the jackpot was over $1000 you were better off turning the card, was offered 2 bottles of whisky, and 2 slabs of beer, we took the card, the Hotel owner turned it towards us, and lo and behold, it was the JOKER!
 Well the place erupted, I got a big kiss, ( in front of everyone!) and we went halves in the money. which has paid for our weekend away in Melbourne and we have some left over.

As if that wasn't excitement enough we won $157 on keno on the friday night too, our football team won their game that night and then I won a meat tray when we dropped into the pub on Sunday arvo....

No comments:

Post a Comment